Monday, July 5, 2010

photos from the weekend

Happy (day off from work) Monday! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. We've been busy and when I was going through photos I didn't even remember taking some of them.

Eric and I got out of work early on Friday and after running some errands we got to work on dinner. We usually fix burgers or pizza on Friday nights, but we decided to change it up and made pineapple cashew quinoa stir fry. It turned out delicious.
(side note, it seems these bowls are getting popular again...my mom actually bought these for me abotu 4 years ago! i didn't even know they were still made)

Friday dinner

We stayed in Friday evening so we could wake up Saturday to work out before the heat. We set out on a 8 mile run, but some how got messed up and only did a little over 7. I really wanted to go 8, but didn't feel like running circles around the neighborhood so I called it a day.
After showering and re-hydrating Eric made us tacos for lunch.

Saturday lunch

Kitta Marie hung out too.

Kitta Marie

We had grand plans of heading up to the Piazza to see the band Matt & Kim, but instead we met up with a guy on craigslist to look at a bike. I have been wanting a road bike for a while, but most bikes on craigslist are either overpriced or not even worth your money. Well our patience paid off and I bought the bike! I have some photos further into this post.

We headed up to the Piazza after getting the bike, then walked over to Bar Ferdinand for some eats and drinks.
We had started with some olives and almonds.

Bar Ferdinand

And then I got the garbanzo salad. It was good, but a small portion and kind of expensive.

Bar Ferdinand

Atleast the company was good.
Bar Ferdinand

Later on a few people come over and we went to a party, only to head out right after we arrived.

Sunday morning Eric and I woke up again to go workout, only this time we were going on a bike ride!
So the bike...I bought a Cannondale CAAD9. The frame is a few years old, but most of the components are fairly new.
new bike!

I'm excited to have a legit road bike, since I have been wanting to get into triathlons.
We rode about 13 miles, and while it was awkward at first, I think I got the hang of it. I am used to riding fixed/single speed and shifting was definitely different.
I think Eric stalked for sale bikes for about 7 months, and I am really happy we waited until the right one popped up.

new bike!

We came home from the ride and got to work on breakfast. We made the crepes from VeganYumYum and decided to make them a little bit more patriotic with some raspberries, blueberries and sweetened cashew cream.

4th of July

4th of July

Those definitely hit the spot.

Early afternoon we went to our friends Adam and Chris' house for a BBQ.
4th of July

4th of July

The majority of our friends are vegetarians, so going to a BBQ is no problem. They had a pretty awesome spread: fruit, (vegan) potato salad, salsa, guacamole, mac and cheese, bok choy, etc.
4th of July

Veggie dogs and burgers took over the grill. Adam made the veggie burgers and they were awesome. There were beans, carrots, parsley, corn and quinoa in them.
4th of July

Eric wanted to be very American and ate three different veggie dogs.
4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

At one point we had a taste-off of Earthquake, Joose and 4 Loko.
4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

Earthquake was the worst, borderline disgusting, Joose was meh, and 4 Loko probably tasted the best.

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

Juli's family came to hang out!
4th of July

Once it got dark we walked over to the Art Museum to watch the fireworks. While waiting we played with sparklers.
4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

And then the fireworks started! We ended up sitting directly underneath them, so much so that the shrapnel was falling on us. But atleast it made the fireworks look HUGE.
4th of July

4th of July

4th of July

I hope everyone else had an awesome 4th of July, or atleast an awesome weekend! Today is supposed to be the first day of a weeklong heat wave, ugh, so I think we are going to go search out a pool!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks amazing! Those crepes! The veggie burgers!
Your photos of the fireworks are also awesome.

By the way, I’ve officially moved my blog, so please update your bookmark, blogroll, reader feed, etc!
almostveganblog.com

veggie en folie said...

you seem to had a lot of fun?!
by the way if you want to win an e-gift 20$ you can come on my blog

Amanda said...

Congrats on that bike - I've been "looking" for that and about 10 other things forever - so I know how exciting it can be to find something for keeps! Those crepe look ridic. I wanted to make some yesterday but didn't think I had the right ingredients - totally failed to check out vegan yum yum - thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Your weekend looked like so much fun! Where did you end up getting your new bike? I love it!

Ben said...

New bike!!! Now you can hammerfest!